Looking for a gift for a dog parent in your life? Or maybe some stocking stuffers for your own special pup? Here are some of Your Dog’s Friend’s favorite things…
A busy dog is a happy dog! And a busy, happy dog is less likely to chew on shoes, go counter-surfing, or any number of no-no behaviors. Today, we feature our favorite way to keep a dog busy and happy.
What is it?
The best way to keep a dog busy for… minutes to hours, depending on how hard you stuff it!
How much does it cost?
$5-12, depending on the size
What do I stuff in a Kong?
Anything and everything! Here are some of our dogs’ favorites:
- Wet dog food & kibble mixture
- Leftover people food (mashed potatoes, low-fat cuts of meat, vegetables, a bit of cheese)
- Canned pumpkin (this works best if you freeze the pumpkin-filled Kong overnight)
- Peanut butter (a little bit mixed in with other ingredients)
- Cheese (a little bit mixed in with other ingredients)
- Fat-free plain yogurt or fat-free cream cheese (another one that is good for freezing)
If you’re looking for other treat-dispensing toys to amuse and tire out your pup, they come in all sizes, shapes, and difficulty levels.
Help Your Dog’s Friend When You Shop at Amazon
Your Dog’s Friend is a nonprofit and we are always grateful for donations to help us fulfill our mission. We have a way you can help us while you do your holiday shopping.
Amazon Smile is a program that donates a portion of Amazon’s profits to organizations like ours. Please click here and select Your Dog’s Friend as your charity of choice. Then, whenever you shop at smile.amazon.com, a portion of the money will be sent to Your Dog’s Friend.
Thank you for your support!
Holiday Gift Guide photo credit: Svadilfari on Flickr