First Things First with Your New Rescue – Online
Live, online via Zoom
- We will be using Zoom for this class, so you will need to have internet access and a smartphone or a computer. Before your first session, your instructor will send you log-in information as well as tips on how to prepare for the class.
- The instructor will use live demos, discussion and pre-recorded videos. You will also receive coaching from the instructor as you work with your own dog.
- Join us from anywhere!
- You’ll be surprised how well your dog can focus on you in your home environment!
About this Class:
- ways to help your dog relax and feel safe
- how to build trust and enhance your bond
- what training skills to prioritize
- beginning skills for leash walking and coming when called
- how to develop routines and set up your home to make things easier for both you and your dog
Instructor: Kelly Burgdorf (Horses and Hounds Training)
Fee: $150; Four sessions, 60 minutes each
This class is most appropriate for dogs aged 6 months or older. Adopted a puppy? Check out our puppy classes!
If a class is listed in the box below, please check Class Schedule for days off and the last date of class.
If the box is empty, there are no classes currently scheduled. Please join the notification list at the bottom of this page, so we can email you when we schedule the next class.
Class fees help support the free programs and services provided by Your Dog’s Friend, a non-profit organization dedicated to educating and supporting dog parents.
Join the Notification List
Not ready to sign up? Waiting for a better day to fit your schedule? Join the First Things First with Your New Rescue notification list and we’ll email you as soon as we schedule new sessions of this class.