Live, online Love the Leash: End the Tug of War via Zoom
- We will be using Zoom for this class, so you will need to have internet access and a smartphone or a computer. Before your first session, your instructor will send you log-in information as well as tips on how to prepare for the class.
- Instructors will use live demos, discussion and pre-recorded videos. You will also receive coaching from the instructor as you work with your own dog.
- Join us from anywhere!
- You’ll be surprised how well your dog can focus on you in your home environment!
About this Class:
End the Tug of War! Turn the leash into a subtle tool for communication. Leash-handling is a major player in our dogs’ behavior during walks, and yet little attention is given to helping humans and their dogs develop good leash skills.
This class focuses on communication and collaboration between dog and handler, and will include fun connection games, as well as instruction and practice in handling skills.
In this class you’ll learn ways to help you and your dog to loosen the leash, and to walk together in harmony. You’ll clarify the times that you need Lucy Lunger to walk nicely by your side, and when Sammy Sniffer is welcome to follow his nose.
We’ll help you explore equipment options to facilitate comfort and cooperation for you both, and will practice real-life leash-walking scenarios.
Gear/equipment needed: A flat collar, a martingale collar, or a body harness
Wonder if this class is for you? Get in touch for more information!
- Marnie Montgomery (Joyful Dog)
- Susan Sanderson (Joyful Dog)
- $190: Six sessions, 60 minutes each
If the box is empty, there are no classes currently scheduled. Please join the notification list at the bottom of this page, so we can email you when we schedule the next class.
Class fees help support the free programs and services provided by Your Dog’s Friend, a non-profit organization dedicated to educating and supporting dog parents.
Join the Notification List
Not ready to sign up? Waiting for a better day to fit your schedule? Join the Love the Leash: End the Tug of War notification list and we’ll email you as soon as we schedule new sessions of this class.