- Live, online (via Zoom), a great choice for dogs who might be too distracted, nervous, overstimulated, or reactive to learn in the in-person class setting.
- In-person, at our Training Center in Rockville, MD
Please be sure to take note of which version you are registering for.
Live, online Basic Manners via Zoom
- Fee: $190
- Six, 60-minute sessions
- Dog may be 6 months old and over.
- We will be using Zoom for this class, so you will need to have internet access and a smartphone or a computer. Before your first session, your instructor will send you log-in information as well as tips on how to prepare for the class.
- Instructors will use live demos, discussion and pre-recorded videos. You will also receive coaching from the instructor as you work with your own dog.
- Join us from anywhere!
- You’ll be surprised how well your dog can focus on you in your home environment!
In-person Basic Manners at our Training Center in Rockville, MD
- Fee: $200
- Six, 60-minute sessions
- Dogs may be 6 months old and over.
About this Class:
Your dog wants to spend time with you. You want a well-mannered companion. In this class, you both win! Over the course of six weeks, you will be building skills, improving overall behavior, and bonding with your dog as a team. You will help your dog learn skills like sit, down, loose leash walking (There’s a human at the other end of the leash?), stay, wait, leave it, come when called, targeting, and, most important, how to pay attention. We will show you what motivates your dog and how to communicate with him. By the last class, you may even be able to speak “Doglish” as a second language. Basic Manners is also a stepping stone to many of our other classes.
We use only positive methods – no choke, prong, or electronic collars. Training is fun for both you and your dog!
- Lisa Arant (Small and Tall Dog Training)
- Joyce Loebig (Rewards Dog Training
- Marnie Montgomery (Joyful Dog)
- Susan Sanderson (Joyful Dog)
- Melissa Dilla (Metropolitan Dog)
- Live, online version: $190
- In-person version, at our Training Center: $200
Number and length of class sessions:
- Live, online version: Six sessions, 60-minutes each
- In-person version, at our Training Center: Six sessions, 60-minutes each
Please check Schedule at a Glance for days off and the last date of class.
Class fees help support the free programs and services provided by Your Dog’s Friend, a non-profit organization dedicated to educating and supporting dog parents.
Is your dog between 5 – 10 months? Also check out our Adolescent Dog Class!