About this Class:
Would you like your dog to cooperate with his or her medical and grooming care? Join us for this one-session, two-hour class as we train tricks useful for vet visits, bath time, and nail trims, so the next time is easier for everyone and less scary for your dog. Dogs in class must be friendly with people and other dogs.
Start training behaviors like:
- Targeting — Train your dog to keep her chin, nose, or shoulder resting against your hand or the wall.
- “Muzzle” — Since this is a workshop rather than a recurring class, we’ll begin to teach the foundation for this behavior by teaching your dog to stick her nose in a cup.
- Stand for exam — Train your dog to do a stand stay.
- Go to place — Train your dog to go lie on a mat.
- Give paw — Train your dog to offer her paw for handling.
We’ll also have stethoscopes to create positive associations for your dog!
Jackie Moyano (Behavior United)
If the box is empty, there are no classes currently scheduled. Please join the wait list at the bottom of this page, so we can email you when we schedule the next class.
Class fees help support the free programs and services provided by Your Dog’s Friend, a non-profit organization dedicated to educating and supporting dog parents.
Join the Wait List
Not ready to sign up? Waiting for a better day to fit your schedule? Join the Vet Visit & Grooming Tricks wait list and we’ll email you as soon as we schedule new sessions of this class.