Reactive Dog Classes
We currently have two options for Reactive Dog Class.
- Live, online (via Zoom)
Live, online via Zoom
- Fee: $200
- Six, 75-minute sessions
- We will be using Zoom for this class, so you will need to have internet access and a smartphone or a computer. Before your first session, your instructor will send you log-in information as well as tips on how to prepare for the class.
- Instructors will use live demos, discussion and pre-recorded videos.
- Includes Facebook group for students and instructors to discuss specific issues
- Join us from anywhere!
- Your dog will not participate live, but you will be asked to submit videos and will have homework
About this Class:
Does your dog lunge, bark, growl, or overreact to dogs, people, or other stimuli? Our online class will teach you how to handle the difficult situations that arise when you live with or walk a reactive dog. It consists of six online webinars, and is designed to help your reactive dog become more focused and confident. Registration in the course also includes access to a Facebook discussion group where you can pose specific questions about you and your dog.
This online class is not only good for dogs that react to other dogs; it is also the only option for dogs that are reactive to people, including those coming into your home, dogs that have caused serious injury to others, or dogs spooked by trucks, balloons, bikes, or other indoor or outdoor triggers.
- Fee: $300
- Six, 60-minute sessions
- Not appropriate for dogs who display reactivity to humans
Are you embarrassed when your dog barks and lunges at other dogs on walks? Wish your dog would be quiet and listen to you with other dogs around? Help is on the way! In this class, learn to replace your dog’s barking and lunging with paying attention to you while also making more positive associations with other dogs.
- Live, online: Sarah Stoycos (Laughing Dog Academy) & Marnie Montgomery (Joyful Dog)
- In-person: Jackie Moyano (Behavior United)
- Live, online: $200
- In-person: $300
Number and length of class sessions:
- Live, online: Six sessions, 75 minutes each
- In-person: Six sessions, 60 minutes each
See the Results:
Latte’s mom couldn’t take him for a walk without him making a scene every time he spotted another dog. Here he is on the last day of Reactive Dog Class.
Please check Schedule at a Glance for days off and the last date of class.
If the box is empty, there are no classes currently scheduled, but you can join the notification list at the bottom of this page.
Class fees help support the free programs and services provided by Your Dog’s Friend, a non-profit organization dedicated to educating and supporting dog parents.
Join the Notification List
Not ready to sign up? Waiting for a section on different dates? Join the notification list to find out about new sections. We email everyone on the list any time either class is scheduled.
More Help for Your Reactive Dog
We have handouts on reactive dogs under behavior issues, as well as videos of our webinars on reactive dogs. We also have a list of positive trainers, divided by location, and veterinary behaviorists.