Introduction to Cooperative Care – Online
Live, online via Zoom
- We will be using Zoom for this class, so you will need to have internet access and a smartphone or a computer. Before your first session, your instructor will send you log-in information as well as tips on how to prepare for the class.
- The instructor will use live demos, discussion and pre-recorded videos. You will also receive coaching from the instructor as you work with your own dog.
- Join us from anywhere!
- You’ll be surprised how well your dog can focus on you in your home environment!
About this Class:
Introduction to Cooperative Care is a five-week course designed to provide dog owners with essential knowledge and practical skills to create a cooperative and positive care experience for their dogs at home and at vet visits. Throughout the course, participants will learn various techniques and strategies to promote trust, reduce fear, and build a solid foundation for cooperative care, like nail trimming, teeth brushing, and grooming.
- Week 1: Body Language, Body Handling, and Preparing for Vet Visits
- Week 2: Stationing, Opting in and Opting out.
- Week 3: Introducing tools.
- Week 4: Building confidence with the use of husbandry tools.
- Week 5: Build on the previous week, solve challenges in real time, discuss options moving forward.
By the end of the Introduction to Cooperative Care course, participants will have gained valuable insights into canine body language, acquired hands-on experience in various care activities, and developed a foundation for building trust and cooperation with their dogs. They will be equipped with the tools and knowledge necessary to continue their journey towards cooperative care and enhance their dogs’ overall well-being.
Prerequisites: None, but prior to class it would be helpful to have this behavior: lying down on a blanket with duration.
Equipment to have before class: Nail clippers, brush, toothbrush.
Instructor: Kayleigh Sullivan
Fee: $180; Five sessions, 60 minutes each
If a class is listed in the box below, please check Schedule at a Glance for days off and the last date of class.
If the box is empty, there are no classes currently scheduled. Please join the notification list at the bottom of this page, so we can email you when we schedule the next class.
Class fees help support the free programs and services provided by Your Dog’s Friend, a non-profit organization dedicated to educating and supporting dog parents.
Join the Notification List
Not ready to sign up? Waiting for a better day to fit your schedule? Join the Introduction to Cooperative Care notification list and we’ll email you as soon as we schedule new sessions of this class.
Notification list signup coming soon!