We have two options for Intermediate Manners:
- Live, online (via Zoom)
- In-person, at our Training Center in Rockville, MD
Please be sure to take note of which version you are registering for.
Live, online Intermediate Manners via Zoom
- Fee: $150
- Four, 60-minute sessions
- We will be using Zoom for this class, so you will need to have internet access and a smartphone or a computer. Before your first session, your instructor will send you log-in information as well as tips on how to prepare for the class.
- Instructors will use live demos, discussion and pre-recorded videos. You will also receive coaching from the instructor as you work with your own dog.
- Join us from anywhere!
- You’ll be surprised how well your dog can focus on you in your home environment!
In-person Intermediate Manners at our Training Center in Rockville, MD
- Fee: $200
- Six, 60-minute sessions
About this Class:
Take your training to the next level with real-life applications. If your dog already knows the basics, this class will offer new challenges! We will add distractions; pair cues, like “come when called” with “leave it”; and ask for longer stays. You will learn to keep your dog’s attention, even if tempted by another dog, a person moving, or a favorite toy.
The in-person class is not appropriate for dogs who display reactive behaviors (barking, lunging) toward people or other dogs.
Our Basic Manners, Adolescent, or Puppy Kindergarten class or another positive class with instructor’s permission.
We use only positive methods – no choke, prong, or electronic collars. Training is fun for both you and your dog!
- Lisa Arant (Small and Tall Dog Training)
- Joyce Loebig (Rewards Dog Training)
- Live, online version: $150
- In-person version, at our Training Center: $200
Number and length of class sessions:
- Live, online version: Four sessions, 60-minutes each
- In-person version, at our Training Center: Six sessions, 60-minutes each
Please check Schedule at a Glance for days off and the last date of class.
If the box is empty, there are no classes currently scheduled. Please join the notification list at the bottom of this page, so we can email you when we schedule the next class.
Class fees help support the free programs and services provided by Your Dog’s Friend, a non-profit organization dedicated to educating and supporting dog parents.
Join the Notification List
Not ready to sign up? Waiting for a better day to fit your schedule? Join the Intermediate Manners (formerly Advanced Manners) notification list and we’ll email you as soon as we schedule new sessions of this class.