https://yourdogsfriend.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/YDF-site-name-tagline2.jpg 0 0 Nicole Wright https://yourdogsfriend.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/YDF-site-name-tagline2.jpg Nicole Wright2014-09-30 12:30:232022-04-12 10:05:36Overcoming Your Dog’s Distractions
Overcoming Your Dog’s Distractions
Your dog may perform actions like Sit, Down, or Shake at home or at your training school, but does his ability to do those things go out the window when you’re outside?
Distractions come in many forms. They are most difficult to overcome when they occur in clusters. Rarely is your dog faced with one distraction at a time.
In this article from our Newsletter Archives, read about the dozens of distractions your dog faces when you are out in public.
Related Classes at Your Dog’s Friend
If your dog could use some practice working with distractions, we have several classes that are helpful.
- Advanced Manners (strengthens basic skills and adds pair cues – “leave it!” and “come!”)
- Out & About (outdoor obedience skills)
- COME: “Oh, did you mean me?” (recall skills)
- Distracted Dog Class (building focus skills)
- Reactive Dog Class (for dogs who bark & lunge at other dogs)