Combination of Live Online & In Person
Live Online via Zoom (sessions 1-2) and In-Person at our Training Center in Rockville, MD (sessions 3-4)
- This is a four-week class. The first two weeks will be 60 minutes in length and will be held live online. The second two weeks will be held in-person at our Training Center in Rockville and scheduled as small group, 30-minute sessions for in-person practice around other dogs.
- For the first two weeks of this class, we will be using Zoom, so you will need to have internet access and a smartphone or a computer. Before your first session, your instructor will send you log-in information as well as tips on how to prepare for the class.
- Instructors will use live demos, discussion and pre-recorded videos during the two online weeks of class. You will also receive coaching from the instructor as you work with your own dog, both during the live online sessions (weeks 1 & 2) and during the in-person sessions (weeks 3 & 4).
About this Class:
Does your dog-friendly dog tune you out around other dogs? Does your dog pull with excitement toward other dogs? Wonder whether to let your dog meet other dogs on leash?
If so, this class will teach you and your dog the skills and knowledge to successfully navigate these situations. You’ll refine your dog’s leash and attention skills, learn how to read dog body language to set up for success, and learn the decision-making process that will help you successfully navigate around other dogs. During the second two weeks of class, you’ll practice in person at our Training Center what you learned during the first two live online sessions.
For dog-friendly dogs 6 months or older.
Prerequisite: Basic Manners, Mini Basic Manners, Adolescent, Puppy Kindergarten, or instructor permission.
Note: This class is not appropriate for dog-reactive dogs. Please see our Reactive Dog Classes if your dog is already displaying reactivity toward other dogs.
- Joyce Loebig (Rewards Dog Training)
Number and length of class sessions:
- First two sessions – live online via Zoom, 60 minutes in length
- Second two sessions – in person at our Training Center, smaller group, 30 minutes in length
If a class is listed in the box below, please check Schedule at a Glance for days off and the last date of class.
If the box is empty, there are no classes currently scheduled. Please join the notification list at the bottom of this page, so we can email you when we schedule the next class.
Class fees help support the free programs and services provided by Your Dog’s Friend, a non-profit organization dedicated to educating and supporting dog parents.
Join the Notification List
Not ready to sign up? Waiting for a better day to fit your schedule? Join the Passing Dogs on Leash: Skills for Success notification list and we’ll email you as soon as we schedule new sessions of this class.